If you are looking to add a touch of timelessness to your home décor, timber shutters in Sydney are the way out.
Timbers are great to add aesthetic value to homes, cafes, and even offices. If you are the kind of person who loves a lot of warm woody feel in and around the house, shutters made from timbers are something you have got to install soon enough!
In this blog, we shall find out the reasons why timber shutters are right for your home. Hold on and read till the end:
Sturdy and Versatile
Timber shutters are sturdy. Whether it is made from composite wood or pure wood, it has an unmatchable strength. Also, it doesn’t get old too fast. It can last for years to come. If it is made from really good wood like cedar then the quality goes up ten-fold. It won’t break and become flaky. Why invest in something weak and flimsy when you can pick a long-term solution?
When it comes to homes, investing in the right products and timber shutters in Sydney is the perfectly right product for your hard-earned money and your sweet home.
But timber shutters are expensive
On that same note, you have got to remember that timber shutters are not cheap. They come for a price because timbers are natural resources. Hence, they are scarce in availability. Most of the homeowners who have had timber shutters installed, speak highly of this product. So, it’s worth the money.
So, what do you think?
If you want to buy one but fall o budget then you can plan and save up to buy good quality timber shutters in Sydney.
Enable light filtration
The structure of timber shutters or for that matter any shutter is such that it enables light filtration and you are going to love this feature. Letting the right amount of sunlight enter the room, helps regulate temperature and maintain a perfect.
Many styles to choose from
There is no fixed type of timber shutters. Overall, there is a similarity in the pattern but it also differs a good deal from each other. You can also go for shutters that are white in the shade if you do not want the wooden finish.
Cleaning the timber shutters
Cleaning the timber is easy. Simple microfiber cloth for dusting will do. All you have got to do is be regular in cleaning. If you let the dust accumulate, over time, it will become stubborn.
Moisture and Warping
Timbers may warp with too much moisture. If you live in a wet region with high humidity then warping could be a little bit bothering. In such cases, you can go for aluminum shutters.
So, these were some of the reasons to buy timber and the problems that you must know about. Along with the pros we have also listed some cons so that you can make a decision accordingly.
Aluminum Shutters-Pros and Cons
Since we are discussing timber shutters, why not have a brief discussion on aluminum shutters as well?
- If you are not a fan of timber or if it is out of your budget, then you may consider picking aluminum shutters.
- There are many advantages to choosing aluminum shutters. A lot of homeowners like to go for the aluminum option over Timber Shutters in Sydney.
- Since aluminum is super strong; the panels in the shutters are sleek. They do not have to be very thick as a sleek panel too can offer unmatchable strength when it is forged in aluminum.
- Windows that are adorned by aluminum have a life of half a century. And this is the minimum lifespan, it can be much more. It all depends on how you take care of it, how quickly you get minor issues fixed, and how clean the shutters are.
- There is no problem with warping when it comes to aluminum shutters. Warping is swelling of a surface due to high moisture retention. This is common in anything that’s made from timber. Hence, timber shutters in Sydney are no exception to that. If you live in areas of high moisture, consider going for timber that is made from local wood or composite wood.
- Who wants corrosion on windows? For sure, no one! The best solution to this is to get shutters made from aluminum. Here, you can also get the window shutters in timbers. Wood too is not reactive to a lot of chemical reactions in the air.
Shutters are a huge category just like blinds. There are Venetian Blinds in Sydney, roller blinds, sheer blinds, and whatnot. In the same way, aluminum shutters and timber shutters in Sydney are not the only two types of shutters available. One can choose from a wide variety of options. Of course, a single blog is too less a space to discuss it all.
For more on shutters, you can speak to the experts at Sculli Blinds And Screens. Get all the details on Plantation Shutters in Sydney or timber shutters from here.